- Lorde, 25, just showed off her super-toned abs in a bright pink Barbie-inspired crop top.
- The singer performed her latest hits at the 2022 Life Is Beautiful festival in Las Vegas.
- To stay in shape, Lorde does a mix of Pilates, barre and strength training with her trainer Allison Kimmel.
Looks like Lorde is channeling all things Barbie these days. The 25-year-old “Solar Power” singer performed at the 2022 Life Is Beautiful festival in Las Vegas in front of thousands of fans wearing a hot pink barbiecore-inspired crop top.
To complete the look, Lorde wore matching leggings and a baby pink jacket. And while her hair wasn’t technically part of the outfit, it definitely convinced her fans of Barbie’s blonde energy.
ICYDK, the festival has been around since 2013. So if it wasn’t on your radar already, hopefully it catches up to you. According to their website, the festival brings together a range of “musical acts, experiential artists, comedians, thinkers and culinary talents”.
Lorde’s attendance was also a big deal considering she hasn’t performed at the festival since 2017.
While I live for all things Barbiecore right now, I can’t forget Lorde’s amazingly toned abs. And if you’re a fan, you’ll know this isn’t the first time they’ve made an appearance. Luckily, her trainer Allison Kimmel shared all the details with women’s health on how she stays so fit, especially while touring.
“Lorde’s concert tour was a total whirlwind,” Kimmel confessed. “We didn’t always have the ideal time to train. If we had 30 minutes between things to exercise or stretch, we made it work. Other times we had over an hour and could extend his warm-up or add extra sets of cardio.
Their workout, which typically lasts an hour, consists of a 15-minute jog followed by an “accelerated yoga-inspired warm-up,” Kimmel said. “After that, we would go into our main sets, which consisted of traditional strength exercises, combined with barre and Pilates.”
If you want to know the exact exercises Lorde does, Kimmel often gives her the following:
- Side rushes into a bow squat: 12 reps on each side
- High side planks with a raised top leg: 30 seconds on each side
- Front leg swings into a back lunge: 12 reps on each side
- Deadlifts: 12 reps
- Tricep extensions
- High knees: 45 seconds
- Second position knee bend (aka handstand squats): 12 reps, holding the last bend for 45 seconds
As for her diet, Lorde hasn’t talked much about her preferences. But with that killer workout, there’s no denying she’s working hard to stay strong.
BRB, I have to try this stat circuit!
Sabrina is an editorial assistant for Women’s Health. When she’s not writing, you can find her running, training in mixed martial arts, or reading.