The Austin Community Foundation’s Women’s Fund will donate $ 400,000 in grants to 20 local nonprofit organizations.
Grants are divided between $ 10,000 and $ 40,000 and are unrestricted funds for the general operating funds of organizations. The organizations were chosen because they focus on housing, child care, education, women’s health and the prevention of unintended pregnancies.
The Women’s Fund is a generous network of individuals and businesses who wish to invest in the economic security of women in central Texas. Since 2004, he has donated over $ 2 million to more than 80 organizations.
Last fall, the Women’s Fund changed the way organizations apply and are considered for funding, to make the grant application easier to complete, to include community input, to work on prejudices implicit in decision-making and reaching a more diverse group of organizations.
“We have taken the first essential steps to ensure greater equity in grantmaking, and 2021 will serve as a baseline for future grant cycles as we continue to refine and reflect on our work in the center of the Texas, “said Jennifer Long, 2021 chair of the Women’s Fund Grants Committee, in a statement.
This year, the funds are given to these organizations:
- Maison Saint Louise – $ 40,000 awarded over two years
- Foundation Communities – $ 20,000
- Alliance SAFE – $ 10,000
- The Survive2Thrive Foundation – $ 10,000
- Todos Juntos Learning Center – $ 40,000 awarded over two years
- Sammy’s House – $ 20,000
- Jérémie program – $ 10,000
- RISE Child Development Center – $ 10,000
- Breakthrough Central Texas – $ 40,000 awarded over two years
- Con Mi MADRE – $ 20,000
- El Buen Samaritano Mission – $ 10,000
- Latinitas – $ 10,000
- Black Mamas ATX – $ 40,000 awarded over two years
- Austin Area Urban League – $ 20,000
- GALS, Giving Austin Labor Support – $ 10,000
- Lone Star Circle of Care – $ 10,000
Prevention of unwanted pregnancies
- Jane’s Due Process – $ 40,000 awarded over two years
- The Texas Campaign to Prevent Teenage Pregnancy – $ 20,000
- Greater Texas Parenthood Planning – $ 10,000
- Popular community clinic – $ 10,000